Choosing a Contractor
Sure we want you to choose Shew’s Top Quality. But we also understand that buying a new roof system is an important investment. So before you choose anyone, we want to make sure you understand how to evaluate roofing contractors.
You should insist on working with a professional roofing contractor, such as Shew’s Top Quality Roofing and Guttering.
This will help get the kind of results you expect – a quality roof system at a fair price. All roofing contractors are not alike and recommend that you prequalify roofing contractors to get the job done right the first time.
The following guidelines will help you select a professional:
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number
- Don’t hesitate to ask a roofing contractor for proof of insurance. Make sure the coverages are in effect through the duration of the job. Many building and home owners have been dragged into litigation involving uninsured roofing contractors. Also, if a contractor is not properly insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that offers client references and a list of completed projects. Call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied.
- Insist on a detailed, written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau to check for possible complaints filed against the contractor.
- Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Many fly-by-night contractors’ below-cost bids seem attractive, but these contractors often are uninsured and perform substandard work. Remember, price is only one of the criteria for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism, experience and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily in your decision.
Request a FREE ESTIMATE